The IBEF can work with any battery type from 5 volts to 16 volts.
The IBEF has a high efficiency switching regulator that provides power the ignition and also some very good filters that prevent noise and interference from the ignition system from getting back into the receiver. To prove how good the filters work do a range test on your airplane with the engine running at different RPMs with an ignition battery first then do a range test with the IBEF instead and note that you will typically see no difference in range. This will prove the safety of the system.
See the manual for more information: User Manual
- Input Voltage Range of 4.8V to 16VDC
- Output of Up to 5A
- User Selectable output voltage of 5 to 6VDC
- 95% efficiency resulting into longer flight time with the same battery capacity
- Absolutely No Operational Time Limit or Additional Cooling Required
- Made in U.S.A
- Includes a remote mountable bright LED to indicate ignition arming status
- Compatible with Li-Po / Li-Ion / A123 / Ni-Cd / Ni-Mh batteries
Plugs directly into a spare Rx channel.
A must-have safety device for any gas powered plane
Safely powers the engine without disturbances on the receiver.